Every year, millions of pounds of food go to waste at all stages of the supply chain. We are here to help save the food from the dumpster, and get it to the hungry families in our community.
Who can donate?
Manufacturers, retailers, wholesalers, food service distributors, etc.
What can be donated?
Short-dated product, produce, perishable foods, production overruns, off-specification products, mislabeled or unlabeled packages, discontinued brands, bulk, private-label brands, salvage, reformulation, customer returns, test product inventory and seasonal items.
What are the benefits of donations?
- Reduction of storage, transportation and dumping fees
- Receipts for tax deductions
- Free product pick up
- Recognition for the impact you make on our local community
- Alignment with NTFB through potential benefits and recognition
Should I worry about liability?
- The Bill Emerson Good Samaritan Food Donation Act protects companies from civil and criminal liability suites.
- NTFB adheres to safe food handling practices and passes regular inspections by the City of Dallas, State of Texas, FDA, USDA and AIB.
- A recall notification system is in place.
How can I donate?
Looking for a way for your Corporation to Donate to NTFB?